Sleep-related breathing disorders
It has been estimated that as many as 40% of the US adult population suffer from some form of Sleep Disorder.
Sleep disorders can range from mild snoring to the more serious obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Sleep disorders can lead to serious health problems for the snorer, spouse, or other family member whose sleep may be disrupted.
Some common health problems associated with sleep disorders and sleep deprivation include daytime fatigue, increased blood pressure, cardiovascular problems, anxiety/depression, increased risk of vehicle accident (3-10X) and reduced quality of life
Dental Sleep Medicine is the Best Medicine for treating the overall health of your patients.
The number of dentists providing Dental Sleep Medicine will continue to increase due to:
- More patients seeking diagnosis and treatment of these disorders as they are usually disruptive to the bed partner or other family members;
- Greater acceptance of Oral Appliance Therapy (OAT) due to increased effectiveness and CPAP intolerance by many patients;
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) supports the use of OAT in cases of mild to moderate sleep apnea;
“Oral appliances (OAs) are indicated for use in patients with mild to moderate OSA who prefer them to continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy, or Oral appliances (OAs) are indicated for use in patients with mild to moderate OSA who prefer them to continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy, or who do not respond to, are not appropriate candidates for, or who fail treatment attempts with CPAP.”
- Excellent software provides the dental staff with an intuitive method of billing the patient’s medical insurance for the oral appliance and receiving reimbursement!
Henry Schein Sleep Complete® is the only distributor based turnkey program that delivers all the education and products necessary for you to successfully get started.
Comprehensive educational programs featuring; A) 2-Day educational/training seminar prepares dentists and their team for implementation of a comprehensive dental sleep medicine program within the dental practice, B) 2 Day Advanced level training programs for the dentist and team wanting a further understanding of dental sleep medicine, and C) 1-hour Webinars for a basic understanding of Dental Sleep Medicine
- OSA University – Online Dental Sleep Medicine Team Training
- Max-Air Nose Cones®/Sinus Cones®
- Crystal Billing Services – Dental Sleep Billing Services
- DynaFlex Lab – Your Oral Sleep Appliance Manufacturer
- Care Fusion – Nox T3 Portable Sleep Testing Monitor
- Airway Metrics – Airway Metric System