Saving Lives and Growing Your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine
An Implementation Symposium
Course Description — 16 Continuing Education Credits
- Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in the Dental Practice
- Patient Evaluation with Home Sleep Testing and Polysomnogram
- How Does Oral Appliance Therapy Help Treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- Oral Appliance Designs and Fabrication
- Implementation of Systems, Office Flow, and Integration into Your Practice
- Documentation, Medical Billing, and Reimbursement for the Dental Practice
- Communicating with Physicians and Sleep Laboratories
At the completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Build and maintain a solid dental sleep medicine practice
- Understand how to select an appliance
- Communicate with Physicians and develop referrals
- Bill Medical Insurance and Get Paid
2014 Seminar Schedule
“Saving Lives and Growing Your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine – An Implementation Symposium”
|Sept 19th & 20th||Madison, WI|
|Oct 17th & 18th||Portland, OR|
|Nov 21st & 22nd||Grand Rapids, MI|
“Saving Lives and Growing Your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine – Continuing the Journey”
|Sep 26th & 27th||Dallas, TX|
Click Here to Register (Select Category – Dental Sleep Medicine)
Join Dr. John Tucker to continue your Dental Sleep Medicine Journey with this exciting, hands on experience! This two-day program is designed for the dentist and all team members desiring to intensify and broaden their understanding of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Tucker will share his practical “in the trenches” approach to optimizing your Dental Sleep Medicine practice. The following topics and experiences will be included
- “Dynamic” calibration (titration) of oral appliances in a sleep lab with the MATRx™ device.
- Understanding the sleep lab environment. Meet with the RPSGT’s (sleep technicians) at the sleep lab to have a live experience of what your patients have experienced!
- A comprehensive understanding of a PSG from the RPSGT’s point of view.
- Hands on with various bite registration techniques.
- Treating the PAP intolerant edentulous and partially edentulous patient.
- A new understanding of the airway and how it applies to treating the PAP intolerant patient.
- A deeper understanding of what appliance and when it should be used.
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship with sleep physicians and sleep labs.
- Marketing strategies for your Dental Sleep Medicine Practice.
- Involving your team members to ensure your success! The Complete Dental Sleep Medicine Practice.
Many of you have experienced the passion that Dr. Tucker has for providing no nonsense continuing education that everyone can relate to. Continue your education while enjoying the excitement and experience. It is highly recommended that you bring case studies to review with Dr. Tucker and the sleep team.
Below are comments from previous program attendees.
“I have attended several sleep courses, this one was by far the best, most informative and complete. Highly recommend this course. Dr. Tucker’s passion and knowledge regarding sleep medicine was inspiring. Every dentist and their team should learn thru this seminar.” Dr. C.C.
“5 Star!! Captivating”
“Best course I have ever taken.” Dr. F.F.
The program will be held in Erie, Pennsylvania where Dr. Tucker practices full time.
Prerequisite for this program is confirmation of an Intro or Level I Dental Sleep Medicine Program.
FREE WEBINARS: VARIOUS TOPICS RELATED TO DENTAL SLEEP MEDICINE (1 CE CREDIT)
These FREE 1-hour webinars are presented by Henry Schein Dental Sleep Complete Team and our valued supplier partners.
Dental Sleep Medicine (DSM) is an exciting new field for the dental profession. We offer monthly webinars on various topics related to DSM. Past and current topics include “An Introduction to Implementing Dental Sleep Medicine Into Your Practice”, “Medical and Dental Billing for the Oral Systemic Connection”, and “Oral Appliance Therapy: Dispelling the Myths About These and Other Sleep Apnea Treatments”.
When: Live webinar schedule is below. Past webinars are available for viewing any time at www.totalhealthlearning.com/training.asp.
|Jan||29th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||The Bruxism and Sleep Apnea Connection|
|Feb||5th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||Saving Lives & Growing your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine|
|Mar||5th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||The Business of Dental Sleep Medicine|
|May||7th||Saving Lives & Growing your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine|
|July||9th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||The Bruxism and Sleep Apnea Connection|
|September||10th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||The Business of Dental Sleep Medicine|
|November||12th||5:15pm PST / 8:15pm EST||Saving Lives & Growing your Practice Through Dental Sleep Medicine|
“Awesome seminar. Dr. Tucker tells it like it is and doesn’t sugar coat. Thoroughly explains how OAT works and explains anatomy, too. He is so generous to share his materials. Answers every question. I’ve taken 4 sleep courses. All were good; this was the best! My staff really appreciated Rose Nierman’s training. The integration of the computer info with the dental process was excellent.”
Dr. Brad P.
“Great course! Brought the entire staff. Was totally worth it!”
Dr. Charles H.
“I can’t wait to launch our practice into another orbit with Dental Sleep Medicine and Dental Writer!”
Dr. Tara G.
“…[Dr. Tucker] is inspiring, encouraging and visibly committed. I feel my success is virtually assured from attending this course. I’m so excited.”
Dr. Bonnie F.